Emergencies can happen at any time. Do you have a backup of your computer?
Backing up your data is something that is marketed by many different companies – ‘back it up to the cloud’ they say for $x dollars a month. These are excellent services for your data. But what about your entire computer?
We recently had a client who’s computer hard drive was crashing. It was fortunate that this client had a full ‘image’ of their computer saved on a backup drive.
An ‘image’ is a fully restorable backup of their computer saved in a format that a program such as Windows 10, Paragon Backup and Restore, etc can use to essentially bring you back-to-life and get you back where you were... Read More
…Building Trust for Referrals
The best networking can be just ‘hanging out’!
So, you’re a member of a networking group and expected to give referrals to someone you don’t trust and have never done business with. Maybe you’re happy with the service your current provider gives and have no reason to switch to a provider in the networking group. No matter how many “one to one” meetings you have with them, you can’t break that barrier and do not feel you know them well enough to trust your customers with or to refer customers to. What do you do?
It’s time to think outside the box. Trust is built by communicating and forming relationships... Read More
Every online marketing servicer / seo specialist has their own strengths and weaknesses but to some degree they should all be fulfilling this list as a commonality:
- Researching good cross linking opportunities monthly
- Reviewing page content for keyword usage
- Reviewing page code for keyword placement
- Reporting page performance monthly
- Reporting website performance monthly
- Reviewing and reporting PPC (if applicable) performance monthly
- Reviewing and reporting Google placement / performance monthly
- Reviewing and responding (if applicable) to social media reviews (Google, Yelp, Facebook).
- Reviewing and responding to social media inquiries
- Reviewing and reporting on performance for paid directory listings.
- Reviewing and posting valuable content to your website
- Reviewing and posting valuable c...
Everyday there are reports on the news that include a ‘GoFundMe’ – a page where people try to raise money online for themselves or others.
I’ve run a few campaigns – for myself and others needs. The latest is a fundraiser-in-progress for a family in Puerto Rico.
Here’s a few basic steps to set up a GoFundMe that go beyond just ‘setting up a page’:
- To start, you will need an email address, your bank account routing and account number, cell phone, address, phone number, and about 10 minutes to set up an account.
- You will need to verify your email address and phone number via text message.
- You will need to continue is 2-3 compelling paragraphs with a story that motivates to donate.
- Once it’s all set up you will need to do many many updates on GoFundMe and Facebook, send out a slew of emai...
What direction is your expertise flowing in?
Ever think about starting a website for you personally? Everyone is an entrepreneur. Whether you work from home, place & service vending machines, run a fashion line, sell real estate for a big company, or run your own multimillion dollar enterprise, you are an entrepreneur. For those who have their own company or function as a sole proprietor, branding yourself online comes with the territory, but for those who work for commercial lenders, real estate companies, retail banks, or sales training companies, branding yourself online is vital!
Starting your own website is a very inexpensive way to demonstrate your expertise to a global audience... Read More
There are several things you can do to build Facebook Business Page Interest and Stand Out from the ‘Stream of Chaos’ known as the Facebook Newsfeed:
- Your company needs a banner with a call-to-action as it’s timeline header imag
- Your company content should be entertaining, informative and inspiring.
- Your company should ‘comment as’ and be sure to share posts with yourself on different days.
- Your company should observe posts that they and others respond to personally
- Your company should assess what content is popular to their ‘best referrers’.
- Your company should assess 3 competitors Facebook pages
- Your company should discuss with partners (realtors, homebuilders, etc) joint strategies to package services in Facebook posts, i.e...
If you have one of these and a slit in your computer, you may be able to add some permanent storage to your laptop.
It may be easier than you think to add storage to your laptop. There’s one port most people overlook – the SDXC port – which most people use for camera cards. Many cameras now transfer photos via WiFi so there’s no need to swap SD cards. This leaves a port open to put a 32gb, 64gb, 128gb, 256gb, or 512gb SDXC card in for storage.
Here are a few cards:
32GB Sandisk (Lifetime Warranty)
64GB SanDisk (Lifetime Warranty)
128GB SanDisk (Lifetime Warranty)
256GB SanDisk (Lifetime Warranty) (I have this one)
512gb SanDisk (Lifetime Warranty) (I want this one!)
A few cautions:
- You should always back up your SDXC card as there is a possibility of losing the data, although less so if y...
Surely you remember the MagicJack. It was a little device you plugged into the USB port of your computer and it gave you phone service, over a decade ago. Over the years it evolved – the MagicJack+, the MagicJack2014, the MagicJack app, and the MagicJack go.
I got it 10 years go as an office phone. I thought for the price, $99 for 5 years, I couldn’t lose. And I never have. I’ve found it only gets more flexible. My first magicjack was the original unit that just plugged into the computer and the phone. Now that I can can plug it directly to the router, it’s become even more powerful.
I have found it to be the most cost effective device because it has kept working. If I didn’t want to go the router-route my original see-through computer-only MagicJack would be fine... Read More
If you are fortunate enough to work at home some days or have a work at home job such as Amazon customer service, Apple Customer Service or many of the other industries who employ customer service representatives at home, you have special technology needs.
The number one thing to consider is that your home office is part of your ‘profit center’ – your ability to produce while at home may increase the odds of you being able to work from home on a regular basis. Working from home can be more efficient since you are not in the office environment – subject to coffee breaks, gossip, and commuting – even the walk from the office to your car, the bus, or subway can be unproductive. Working from home can be the ultimate productivity boost if done right.
Here are some tips for your home office:
Erg... Read More
Mobility is vital today. In the past you would need a laptop to take your office anywhere. Now you take your tablet, phone, and laptop as a mobile office to Starbucks, shared office spaces, Panera, or even someone else’s office. What are some essentials you may need?
Remote Storage: It’s vital that you be able to access files on multiple devices. Sometimes you need to retrieve a file that may only be at home, on your desktop, on a thumb drive, etc and forward it to a business contact. That’s where Dropbox comes in. Dropbox can be accessed on a phone, a tablet, and a laptop, making it possible to access files anywhere. Microsoft OneDrive and the Icloud are also useful for accessing files across multiple platforms.
Power Strip: It’s good to carry a small power strip in your car, you can tuck... Read More